Last Saturday, Princeton’s YMCA held the official ribbon-cutting of its new fitness suite. The ‘Jim and Nancye Fitzpatrick Wellness Center’, to give the gym its full name, features a thorough-upgrade of the facilities.
In addition to many running machines, elliptical trainers and bikes, the fitness center includes all the weights a budding Schwarzenegger could ask for:
The change facilities have also been upgraded and towel service is back!
The Wellness Center also includes a sauna and steam room. Adjacent to the gym, the refurbished Family Fitness Room provides space for classes of all kinds.
If you’re looking for somewhere to work out or get in shape, the upgraded gym offers one more reason to choose a membership at the Y. Here are some others:
- It’s got an indoor pool
- It’s right on Robeson Place, yards away from Palmer Square, making it easy to pick up a few bits and pieces from Princeton’s awesome local businesses before/after training.
- Pay What You Can policy- Princeton’s Y offers reduced-cost memberships for anyone who can’t afford the full membership fee
- Plenty of free parking if you want to drive, and walkable for those who like to choose walking. (More bike racks would be good, but that’s true of pretty much everywhere in Princeton)
- Long-standing tradition of supporting the local community and being a focal point for providing activities to local youth, with a particularly strong relationship with local minority populations.
- The Y is a non-profit, meaning your membership fees stay in your community.
Saturday’s ribbon-cutting brought the Fitzpatrick and Buck families, in whose honor the new facilities are named, together with dozens of members of the Princeton community. School Superintendent Judy Wilson spoke, as did Councilman Lance Liverman and several local clergymen.
The refurbishment of the gym at the Y offers a great new facility in a convenient walkable location and is well worth checking out. You can find out more about memberships here and how to support the new fitness facilities by clicking here. (Just don’t mention these guys…)
Are you a member of the Princeton Y? Have you checked out the new gym yet? What did you make of it? Leave a comment below!
I want to say congratulation to you for opening a new gym in our city. I read your service as well i also seen your equipment photo and i read decision to recommended your gym to my friends as well as my relatives…….Thanks you. Once again Congratulations……
This jym is new . actually few ays before on last saturday ymca held the ribbon – cutting of it new fitness suite. the jym is give us a full facilities.
Pingback: Why Is Princeton Council Funding A Gym At The Valley Road School Site? | walkableprinceton