The weather in Princeton has been pretty much terrible recently with a month’s worth of rain falling in one week. Storms and possible tornadoes are following heavy rain showers, which followed Tropical Storm Andrea. But the outlook is good for the weekend, and Princeton is offering a free event for kids and adults at Princeton High School.
The ‘Wheels Rodeo’ is the new, expanded name for the ‘Bike Rodeo’ held in previous years (the event has been renamed to encourage participation from kids on rollerblades, skateboards, or other wheeled modalities). Previously rained off earlier in the year, the Wheels Rodeo is now scheduled for this coming Saturday, June 15.
The details for the event:
- Date: Saturday June 15
- Time: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Place: Princeton High School Houghton Road Parking Lot, 151 Moore Street
- Car parking available: yes
- Bike/Walkable: yes
- Transit: NJ transit bus #605 to/from Montgomery or #655 to/from Plainsboro. (Note: NJ Transit buses have racks for bicycles-find out how more here.)
- What to bring: Your kids + their bike/skateboard/rollerblades
- Stuff available: Free refreshments, limited number of free helmets, bike tune-up, fun obstacle course, information.
This promises to be a useful, free, fun event. A great opportunity for kids to get out and learn how to safely handle their wheeled equipment and hopefully have fun at the same time. People last year commented about how much they learned, including about the relatively new ‘bike sharrow’ program that launched in Princeton a couple of years back: